Monday, August 22, 2011

Crafting is this momma's hobby

Below are some crafts I make with my kids, and some that I make alone in my free time. 

For our annual kids halloween party we let the kids paint bird houses, and put halloween like stickers on them. Haunted bird houses. 
At the local dollar store I find and purchase loads of these simple birdhouses
Year round the kids are able to pull one out and decorate/paint it as they'd like to for a fun 
craft time. 

Here are some tutu's I make using tulle of various colors, elastic for the waist, ribbon, and any other shimmering gems I can add to it. 






Paula below wearing her tutu




I am excited to make costumes this halloween. I have an idea for a cat costume, make a black or pink tutu, matching cat ears using a headband cardboard triangles, with furry ribbon which I have, and I have the furry ribbon for a long tail to sew onto the tutu. 
I've also considered making a blue cookie monster tutu costume. So many possibilities, I can't get enough of my crafts. 

Here are some costumes I designed sewed, or put together for a photo shoot: 





Below is my friends adorable daughter wearing a tutu that I made


I've also been into making pacifier clips and if you visit my CRAFT blog: http://sheargoodiesonline.blogspot.com/
You will be able to see my other projects, how to make a pacifier clip, how to make kids maracas. I still need to add more, I've taken a lot down to re-arrange, and format the page better. 
I also have a craft like page on Facebook where the majority of my crafting pictures reside: 
http://www.facebook.com/people/Shear-Goodies/100002516101262


Diaper wipe cases, can be made with virtually any material/print catering to baby boys, baby girls, or even teenagers using it to hold pencils. or in your purse to carry wipes that don't say huggies across it. : )


I enjoy making little dresses for Paula

Below is an animal sculptor bow, in this case it's minnie mouse, I make caterpillars among other things. 

Headbands flowers and bottle caps are always a fun combo

The superman cape took some time, even though it was fairly easy. 
If you ever want to make your child one I'd share the info with you happily. 

Flip your flops! 
Add spazazz. 

Customize and paint a doll house, and add scrapbook paper as if it were wallpaper, use felt as if it were carpet, and the shingles I used some random material from Michaels craft store. 

Below I needed a place to keep some of my ribbon, tulle thread, and needles here's my own thought up concoction. 


I have so many other things I make, and it's only growing! 

( I thought it'd be fun to share some of my hobby on this blog, the kids when they are older can have this memory of me as they will surely have memories of their dads hobby, funny videos, beautiful music, and apple products)

No comments:

Post a Comment