Saturday, October 8, 2011

Scotty's French is coming along

It's early October 2011, and Scotty has been in the French Immersion class for a couple of months now. He absolutely loves learning French. At first he would come home and I'd ask him about how is day at school was, and what he learned and he'd reply "I don't remember". As the weeks chugged along he started to tell me more of how his day was.

In the beginning he could count to 3 in french, he could say a few colors, he could say my name is Scotty. Je m'appelle Scotty.



Now it is October and he comes home singing near full songs, he is counting higher than 10, skips a few numbers here and there (that's probably normal), he is understanding that when he brought Harrold and the Purple Crayon to school for show and tell, that he harrold is Je m'appelle Harrold. (as he told me in the car one day).

I really think he is retaining the language even if he cannot recite all he knows. He enjoys what he has learned. He is not frustrated by the language he is thrilled. I love that.

I will add some videos of him singing and counting in french as soon as I am able.

-Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment