Saturday, October 8, 2011

Unfortunate news

My sister who I am very close with was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer. When I heard that I just cracked, I love my sister so very much, my children love their tia so very much! She was admitted to the Huntsman Cancer institute and stayed there for nearly a week. I brought the kids up their to visit their tia, and while up their I was able to snap a few cute pictures of them.

Scotty hearing the news became so inquisitive about cancer, what it does how it works, why we cannot take it out, who gets it and why. He was sad to know his tia has this, yet I am so proud of his kind little heart for thinking of things that would make tia smile. He said mom we have to go get her flowers. We have to call her but not tell her, and ask her what her favorite color is so we can get that color of flowers. He wanted to get her candy too. He knows what girls like already at age 5, flowers and candy.

When we got to the store, he looked at piles and rows of flowers. He found one solo red rose, and said I want this one mom. She will love this one. He wanted to write her a card that said "I got you a flower, I think you will like it, tell me if you like it" : )

My sister is home now, and I am happy they are doing what they can to manage her pain. Now if someone asked me what kind of super hero I would be, what kind of power I would have if I could pick one I would say the power to cure people. The power to cure cancer, the power to cure people from terminal illnesses. I would take this from my sister, I would take it from the numerous children going through chemotherapy (which my sister starts this coming monday). That is what my superpower would be. I now wouldn't wish to read minds, to be invisible, to be able to make money grow on trees. I would have the power to cure.




I love my sister dearly and am being as strong and supportive as I can be for her. I am keeping my thoughts positive, as she has been so strong through this. I admire her so much. I knew she was a strong person, I had no idea the depth of her strength ran so deep. I Love you sister!


Here are a few pictures of the kids taking a moment outside to get their wiggles out before going back in to visit their tia.







-Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment